Fed up with in-laws' stay at home, corporate employee stayed in office till midnight for Quarter End

14, Jan 2018 By Fake It Nepal

Kathmandu: Bahana Bahadur, who works for a financial service company, used to return home by 5:30 PM every day. He did not know returning home early will be so ‘unimpressive’ thing to do as he saw in the eyes of his in-laws.

While talking to us on the reason for the same, Bahana Bahadur said, “My wife's parents came here after visiting their younger daughter and son-in-law’s house. Her mother constantly talked about how their junior son-in-law who is a IT professional works so ‘hard’. Leaves home early and never returns before mid-night.” After hearing to her mother’s constant feedback, his wife also started doubting.

He added, “It was not only in the eyes of my in-laws, I was falling rapidly in the eyes of my own wife. There I decided, till my in-laws are here I will not return home till midnight. Even if that means I will miss my favorite TV programs, Monaco biscuits with chiya at home, so be it. Quarter End was a perfect reason to start with.”

Bahana Bahadur said, “my biggest challenge was to keep myself busy till midnight. Since I am an HR professional, my usual day is well spent playing Candy Crush. Can not disturb my office colleagues in the evening as whatever chit-chat we were supposed to do already done at office in the day time. Thought will catch some movies. With movies like Tiger Zinda Hein playing in theatres, watching it once itself is challenge,”

He roamed around the malls till they are closed and then returned home taking the long traffic route. “Every single security person in malls knows, I am the one who roamed here five hours without buying anything.”

Bahana Bahadur who was worried how long he has to ‘bear’ this pain, came the pleasant news. “Junior son-in-law has to go abroad for some urgent client meeting, to support my sister during his absence, parents have to leave for her place tomorrow morning. Please come home from tomorrow onwards,” said his wife over phone to him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self-Proclaimed Activist tries to erase “PUSH” signage of Bank’s entrance to change it to “FALGUN”; rudely beaten up by the security

Kathmandu based girl becomes Food Blogger after finding mashed potato inside Pani Puri

Valentine Week: Decoded by Fake It Nepal